Fried Banana Balls – Cokodok
This snack can be served with a sprinkling of icing sugar or with warm custard.
I particularly like eating it as a serving with cream on a stack of warm pancakes.
The following recipe has been provided by Loretta Lee, a Malaysian living in Lincolnshire, who blogs at Nyonya Recipe.
450g Banana approximately consisting of 4 large ones in peeled weight ( preferably over-ripe ones)
2-3 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
A pinch salt
Oil For deep frying
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients together until you get a soft dough.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture and fry till golden brown, turning frequently.
- Remove and drain