While Joe Biden is handily beating Donald Trump in national polls, two days out from election day, a new poll from Iowa on Saturday night showed the president up by seven points.
- Biden has committed to building an infrastructure that would support public health and equitable medical care. Controlling the pandemic is the first step toward rescuing a failed system.
- Biden can rise to the challenge of the climate emergency. This year’s devastating wildfires illustrate how high the costs of failing to deal with climate change already are.
- Protecting voting rights is an essential step that Biden must take to repair our democracy after Trump’s assault on the rule of law. But it is only the first one.
- Trump has cultivated an atmosphere of brazen racism and supported the networks of intolerance that are furthering it. A Biden Administration will have a moral imperative to safeguard civil rights.
- Imagine a President determined to combat the destruction of democracy. Biden will restore the most fundamental principles of American leadership.
President Trump trails by 10 percentage points among voters nationally in the final days of his re-election campaign, facing substantial public anxiety over the coronavirus pandemic but with broad approval of his management of the economy, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll finds.
With two days to go, Democrat Joe Biden holds a commanding national lead over President Donald Trump amid deep voter concerns about the coronavirus pandemic, but Trump is keeping his hopes alive by staying competitive in the swing states that could decide the White House race.
Mr Miliband, who is now chief executive of the International Rescue Committee, said if elected president, Mr Biden “will follow the power” and on the issues of the coronavirus pandemic and climate change, suggested he would look to the EU ahead of the UK.